Friday, October 29, 2010

Kid Creation: Jack-O-Pizzas

Evie was feeling a little picked-on and left out today (that happens sometimes with 3 girls), so I let her pick what we would have for lunch. She wanted individual pizzas that they could "decorate" any way they wanted. Perfect! I'd seen these on a few blogs and thought they would be fun. First we mixed up the dough, divided it into 6 balls and shaped 6 lovely little pumpkins. While they were pre-baking, we made the sauce. Evelyn helped me press some garlic, and mix some minced onions and Italian seasoning into the tomato sauce (Thanks for the tip Melissa!). Then she spread it on the pre-baked dough.Then came the fun part - "decorating" them! We used pepperoni, sliced olives, pineapple tidbits, and red pepper slices to create our fun faces. Can you guess who created which face? (Hint: I didn't get a picture of Lydia's before we baked it.)


After they finished baking, we had to get one last shot of our creations before they landed in our bellies. I love my pizza-man, and he was oh-so-yummy!



Mom’s Pizza Dough

½ cup warm tap water

2 pkg. yeast (2 ¼ tsp = 1 pkg)

1 tsp sugar

Combine in bowl and set aside.

1 cup scalded milk (90 seconds in my microwave does the trick)

1 tsp. salt

3 Tbl. sugar

½ cube margarine

3 ½ cups flour (I sometimes use 1 cup wheat and the rest white)

Combine milk, salt, sugar and margarine. Add 2 cups flour and mix. Add yeast mix and remaining flour. Mix until dough ball forms. (I usually add some extra flour since it is pretty sticky.)

Spread pizza dough out onto 1 large cookie sheet for a thick crust, or 2 pans for a thin crust. Bake 8 minutes at 425°. Add sauce and toppings. Bake 10 more minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

Melissa's Pizza Sauce as I remember it :)

1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
minced garlic (1-2 cloves)
minced onion (to taste)
1 tsp. Italian seasoning

No comments:

Post a Comment