Friday, October 29, 2010

Kid Creation: Weird girls

My kids are weird. School is out today and I had an eye doctor appointment. So, the kids were home alone for an hour and a half-ish. When I got home, I walked in from the garage and was a bit spooked to see this. I thought it was Lissy at first, at least on the bottom half. That is the bottom half of her Halloween costume after all. But where is the rest of her? I realize I have been tricked. There is no living person in this human form before me. I recall how delighted Lissy was to discover her heavy felt poodle skirt would stand on its own. The perfect base for a disfigured effigy of a preppy little person with a large, green head, and no torso. Weird, I tell you. Just weird.Weird, but amusing, so I go get the camera. Then I hear giggling. Then hushed squabbling. It's coming from the coat closet behind me. The camera flashes and I say, "Do you think I can't hear you?" The closet doors open and out crawl 3 weird little girls. Giggling and wondering how I could have possibly deduced their hiding place. I don't know, I guess I'm just weird that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment